Thursday 20 June 2013

Planning


Planning
Before I could start filming or asking people to perform for me I needed to plan every shot I wanted to include in my music video. I knew by doing this I would be able to film quickly and efficiently, as well as helping me to know exactly where I wanted my music video to head and improve the quality and quantity of shots.

I roughly drew my ideas into a sketchbook; in no particular order or even if they were possible to do. However I drew then down anyway, knowing that I would go back over them to storyboard them, put them into an order and take out the ideas that weren’t feasible.

Once my storyboarding was complete and knew what shots I wanted to include, I needed to get people to play the characters for me. In total there were eleven characters. Ideally I would have like to have a different person play each character as this would make filming easier, because each character require different and detailed hair and make-up. However when I asked around people schedules did not match up or some people were just unavailable all together. 

With this dilemma I had to think of another plan. I didn’t want to remove any of the characters as they all played a part in the music video, so I decide to double up the characters that my actors would play.

Actors
Monique Dudley
Loretta Dudley
Dotty Dudley
Jared Dudley
Adam Dudley
Jaz Kelly

Before any filming began I drew up some documents. These were consent agreements for the parents of the actors under 18 to sign; film release forms for all cast members to sign; and allergy check forms (as i knew i would be using cosmetics, face-paint on them).  (Hard copies available) 


No comments:

Post a Comment