Friday 15 March 2013

Oral History Taking




During the first meeting with Mick and Corine, oral history taking was mentioned. Corine explained that it was easy enough -if we were not familiar with this technique- to preform and that it was the recording of memories; this was basically what there whole archiving of the Coop Hall was about.

As I wanted to meet the clients’ needs and expectations, I did more research into the taking of oral history. Oral history strives to obtain information from different perspectives, from the memories of living people about events or social conditions, which they experienced in their earlier lives, taped and preserved as historical evidence. 

This is what Art Alert are trying to achieve having a clear definition of what they are trying to achieve will help me when it comes to interviewing people. It has also helped me to give structure and meaning to my promotional video.  I now know that what the people are saying and their memories are the most important part of my video. This will help to mirror the meaning behind the finished project that art alert are trying to achieve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment