Friday 8 March 2013

St Thomas More Catholic School

When I was watching and analysed promotional videos I like the set up and ideas behind the video promoting a college/ school. From this I started looking deeper into to promotion videos for education. I found that all the videos showed the students having fun, as well as promoting the schools academic side, mainly by showing the statistics of the schools grades and achievements.

I didn't to promote my own college, King Edward VI Sixth Form, as I wanted to venture outside of my comfort zone. So I decided that I wanted to promote my old secondary school, St Thomas More Catholic School, Technology College and Sixth Form. I decided to do a secondary school over a junior or primary school as I felt that it would be easier to obtain consent from the pupils teachers and parents to film in the school. I choose to do St Thomas More as I knew the school so had a rough idea where and what I wanted to capture in the promotional video, also because I know that the school is a highly rated school with good achievement, so I would be able to promote the school.

Before I could start any planning I needed to make sure that I would be able to film at St Thomas More school, their new sixth form and the technology college. I sent a letter into the school for the head teacher Mr Hickey.



Mr Hickey responded quickly to my letter with an email.

Telephone call on 5th March 2013
During our telephone conversation he asked me what it was in particular that I wanted to film. I informed him, that I wanted to promote the school, college and sixth form, showing them to be both academic and a fun social place to be. He asked if I would be able to film without including any of the students, as this would be easier to get permission for me to film. But as I wanted to promoted the students achievements, both academically and socially, I would need to include students in the footage. From this he told me that he would need to get permission from the parents of all the students, and he will consolidate with the deputy head, and see what they can do.

Telephone call on 6th March 2013
I missed this phone call from Mr Hickey, however he left a message. Mr hickey apologised that it was not possible to obtain permission from all the parents; however he would love to work with me in the future and wished my all the best.

I emailed Mr Hickey to respond to his phone call, thanking him for his time an efforts.


No comments:

Post a Comment